Thursday, January 8, 2009

Car Help by means of a "Roll Call"

We are starting to think about having to replace the car that was totalled back in November. We are looking for something with great gas mileage (I'll be driving back and forth to Hopkinsville several days a week for clinicals come August) and a high level of safety for the family. I DO NOT care about names or what's highest in the social circles. We do however, need it to be reliable. We waited a long time to buy our other car so that we could take on as little debt as possible and would love to do the same this time. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please...PLEASE share! We don't plan to buy until sometime in March, Lord willing. We are just trying to get as educated about what's available as possible. This whole process honestly makes me wish we all still rode around in horse and buggies....

I'm also making this a "Roll Call" because I think everyone has something informative they could contribute! So if you read this blog, leave a comment and let me know you're out there...although I'm pretty convinced that I might be the only one who reads this thing!

Thank you so much! You may be the one to help us choose our next car! Promise we won't send YOU the bill...

10 comments:

I Have Been Blessed said...

I read your blog, but I surely can't help you with car suggestions...except that David LOVES his little Honda Civic. Do you know Jennifer and Brian Bryant at Grace? Her dad is Bill Roberts (car dealer) and Brian works side by side with Thom Spigner, who I know you know well...all good people.

Catrina said...

Thanks Lori! Will keep that in mind...hope everyone feels well at your house soon :)

Susan Wyatt said...

I'm not help with cars... my suggestion is sell it all and move to NYC, you won't have to worry about the car then!

Thanks so much for your sweet note and the great recipe ideas. Can't wait to try them out.

Susan

Catrina said...

Funny! I'll keep that in mind as well, Susan! Perhaps we can come see the big city before too long. I think Mike is checking into City Uprising. He keeps me updated with the Gallery podcasts...wish I was close enough to take Jack for a while (and love on the twins) so you could take a NAP! We are praying for you guys! Love you!

shelly said...

I read your blog!! I don't have any good advice on cars, except the internet is a great tool! We did a lot searching online trying to find a good deal.
Glad to find your blog! You are an encouragement to me!

Catrina said...

Thanks, Shelly! I agree. The internet has been our most useful tool so far. I have very much enjoyed your blog. You are SO talented! I can't believe how big Halle is! :)

Holly Mc said...

I read it too.

Catrina said...

Hey Holly! :)

I'm so excited for your family and the new baby girl on the way! Do you have any names picked out yet?
Blessings! :)

Unknown said...

I came across your blog from LPL. If you don't already have a car, check out Craigslist. That's how we've purchased our last two cars.
Good luck.
Peace,
Kim Feth
Apex, NC
feth@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I came across your blog from LPL. If you don't already have a car, check out Craigslist. That's how we've purchased our last two cars.
Good luck.
Peace,
Kim Feth
Apex, NC
feth@gmail.com