Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Me...

A little about me...

1. My middle name is Joye - like Joy - but with an "e". I've never met anyone else with that name. I've also never met anyone else who spells Catrina with a "c".

2. I can barely function without a list or calendar.

3. I've only been on an airplane once - to Orlando - and I made the woman next to me take my picture. I was 20!

4. I started dating my first (and only ever) boyfriend at 16. I married that man, my amazing husband when I was 18 years old - he was 21 - and I wouldn't change that for anything. I still get butterflies when he smiles at me.

5. I grew up with the most amazing parents and brother on 8 acres of imagination. Other than my husband, there is no one on this planet that I respect and look up to more than my Daddy.

6. I had a 4.0 in high school and a full 4 year scholarship to Texas A&M. I planned to become a Marine Biologist.

7. I take being a wife and mom VERY seriously. And feel like I'm the worst at those things.

8. Hearing my two girls laugh really hard makes my heart happy.

9. I can't decide if I want to live in the country or the city. It keeps me awake at night.

10. I don't wear my beautiful engagement ring because I knocked the diamond out of it a few years ago - in the washing machine. I found it but haven't been able to have it fixed yet.

11. I LOVE to pray and believe that to be one of the most precious gifts our Lord could have given us.

12. I love to cook. Especially organic and whole foods. But I find it frustrating & difficult to maintain such high, healthy standards on a budget. I also believe that if we ate according to the Jewish dietary laws, we'd be oober-healthy.

13. I don't like to dream, but I always remember them.

14. I've been saved by Grace from a wicked amount of sin and rebellion. I am scandalously blessed by our Great God.

15. I feel awkward all the time.

16. I have drawn hundreds of house plans. I remain certain I'll never be "home" until Heaven.

17. My best friend - Melanie B. - is the most godly woman I know. I aspire to be like her. I'm not worthy to be her friend.

18. I've learned more about my Father, God from being a mother than I could have ever imagined.

19. If I ever meet Beth Moore, I'll pee my pants. Her daughter left a comment on my blog and I almost did.

20. My favorite thing is having people in my home and knowing what will make them feel special and loved when they are.

21. I love disecting things in lab.

22. I really dislike the word "moist", puppets, clowns and small children singing nursery rhymes.

23. I wish I could have another baby. Really bad.

24. I've lost my temper less than 4 times in my life.

25. I can't wait to be a nurse. I feel blessed the Lord has called me to this special ministry.

Tell me a little about you?!

1 comment:

karicr said...

We need to do something about # 10.