Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where we've been....and where we are...

I keep saying I will post about the new house. And I will. Pictures and all. I'm home now between classes. Another one of the perks of living so close to everything. So let me tell you how we got here...

We moved to Puckett on labor day weekend 2007. We were taking care of the house for some friends. We loved it. We found black mold. We left it. End of story. So now let me tell you why it was a little harder than that for me.

We were living on a 150-acre farm exactly 1/2 mile down a small tree covered lane from my Mom & Dad. The girls and I could literally walk almost the entire way to their house without getting on the road. I got to see my Mama and Gramma nearly everyday. I could hear my Dad blowing leaves when we were out in our yard and it made me feel safe. *It felt like home* And last Fall, Mike, the girls & I went camping in the back field. We couldn't see any "man-made" lights. Only stars. Good times. Those in particular just to name a few.

The Ma Ingalls in me thrived there. I could convince myself - the I wish we lived in Walnut Grove in 1880 me - that I was going to get up at 4 am, gather all the eggs, milk the cow, and cook breakfast - a country breakfast mind you - for our family of 10 all before the sun came up. And then at some point during the day, between gardening and hauling water to the kitchen, I would make my own bread. Enough to last two weeks. Wash and mend the clothes, shuck the corn and have fresh apple pie waitin' when my man came in out of the field...

And then the real me - the Catrina Williams who lives in 2008 - who has a busy, in-school 6 year old, an energetic, no-more-naps 2 year old, a husband who works hard at his 9-5 and then gives everything he's got to his passion, his music, and then gives more to the people of FBC as worship leader, 3 hard-core college classes, dirty clothes to clean (but no place to clean them), dishes to wash and you get the idea. Well, that Catrina has had some tough times being so far from everything. And above mentioned man, has also had some tough times being so far from everything. Especially with his very busy schedule, being so far from work for him many times meant leaving the house before sunrise and getting home after dark. Not good times.

So the move. Has. Been. Good! Very good for our family time. And what is more important in this world than that?

*And, even though I don't get to walk from my house to theirs anymore, I've learned since leaving the nest, that no matter how far I go - my steps always lead home. So thanks, Mama & Daddy for always giving us somewhere to go when we just need the country - and you.*

Time for class. I'm out!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Hi Catrina. Nice to "meet" you. :) This blog world is one crazy place, but oh so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I look forward to catching up on your blog sometime soon!

Have a great day!