Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Weekend Update

We had a pretty great weekend! Nothing crazy. Just time together...

Friday-
We had planned to hang out with BW, Lauren, and Krystle, but I got a McNasty cold and decided that it would be better (for them) to hang out where the germs weren't. So the four of us just ate chicken pot pies and curly fries - thanks to Hubs, who graciously cooked so I could lounge with my hankies and blanket. We watched Durango Kids followed by a friendly father/daughter wrestle-fest! After the girls pooped out, Mike & I watched Amazing Grace. It was a pretty good movie! I took some nyquil and immediately got all tingly and sleepy!

Saturday-
I slept until 11!!!! Thanks to the nyquil I didn't even move until then. The extra sleep got me feeling somewhat better. We decided the beautiful day was perfect for our "here comes spring" to-do list! Mike serviced the lawn mower and we managed to rake and clean the entire yard. I didn't get to fix my flower beds, but all-in-all, not a bad day's work! We made a quick trip to Lowe's and Kroger and finished off the day with a yummy burger off the grill.

Sunday-
Although it was his week off, Mike got to lead in DOXA. He filled in for Pat who was very sick. (Pat, praying you feel MUCH better very soon!) We headed home to grill again, this time with BW, Lauren, Krystle and Little Momma! It was a nice afternoon. Just hanging out with family, catching up and playing some games. After everyone left, Mike, the girls & I took off for a walk around the neighborhood. We barely beat the rain, but it felt good to walk again. We decided to head to Golden Corral for dinner. I had a really good coupon that was ready to expire and not cooking sounded just FINE with me! While there, Mike got the official word that the Deacons had voted to call Mike to the Worship Associate position full time! I watched Mike get a smile he couldn't have hidden if he wanted to and he just looked at me. It was a really great moment. One I'm not soon to forget! I'm so blessed that the Lord has allowed me to be the woman sitting across from him for over 12 years. After months of watching him beg God for direction and discernment in the process, God has answered. And we are humbled.

It was a good weekend! And now on to Spring Break! :)

1 comment:

Susan Wyatt said...

I'm so glad for the update. I actually got on the computer to either leave you a facebook or call you if i could find your number. I am SO EXCITED for you and Mike and the direction the Lord has given you. Thank you for being patient and waiting on the Lord. We are praying for you.