Friday, November 7, 2008

"Be Strong and Courageous..."

Let me start out with this...

" Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go"
Joshua 1:9

As I was listening to Freddy T. via podcast yesterday, (wish I could have been in NYC in person to hear it!) I heard Freddy read this powerful verse of scripture. It also just so happened that last night, I was interviewed for a position as worship leader for the Doxa service at FBC Clarksville. Needless to say, there was some fear going on in my head. For those of you who don't know me, and even for some of you who do, I do not have any sort of formal education pertaining to theology or music. Plenty of experience playing in bands. Plenty of experience in messing up in life, and God always gently restoring me, teaching me, and I'd like to think building my character! But after I heard Freddy's message, I went and read the verse myself, and God gave me such a peace about everything. He reminded me of the work He's been doing in my life, and where He has brought me to, of how He is the One who is opening the doors, and that, most assuringly to me, that He is the one that is in control of EVERYTHING! Not enough wine at the bridal party for the guests?? Go fetch some water... a giant coming and taunting God's chosen people, causing them to fear and tremble? Bring me the shepherd boy, and 5 smooth stones... the list could go on and on.
So did I get the position? As of yet, I don't know... but trust me, I will be telling everyone I know as soon as I find out! As I look back at the building blocks of what God has been doing, I can't help but feel that this is what He has in store for me... praise be to God for His undying faithfulness, His unyielding love, His unending grace. I hope that these words are as much of an encouragement to you as they have been for me..."Be strong and very courageous".

1 comment:

Catrina said...

In this story I was the girl holding the stones for the shepherd boy to hurl at the giants. (But we don't really think the sweet people on the committee are giants! :)

I'm proud of you, babe! You're my hero in every way...