Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Tour of Christmas...

Ok. It's not the holidays anymore. I know. But here's the thing. I don't have professional and totally amazing daily blog skills like some people I know. So if you want to re-live our Christmas events with me then read on! *Also, these pictures are in no specific order, I didn't feel like fighting with blogger to get them chronological.* Anyway, these first few are from our annual trip to Opryland to see the lights. We had our favorite Nanny with us this year. She is the most wonderful Mother-In-Law on earth and I could not be more happy to call her mine! For anyone who likes to go to Opryland to see the lights - Note to self: DO NOT GO ON A SATURDAY NIGHT! (Atleast not with small children. There WILL be wailing and nashing of teeth and it will not be from the children.) But all in all it was a lot of fun - just VERY crowded which is scary to an obsessive Mom who is afraid her children will be lost forever in a sea of Christmas decorations and people - and we continued our ice cream tradition as well. Good times! Really!




Our family with my Gramma Dunn (my Mom's Mom) and my Uncle Eddie (my Mom's brother) & Aunt Karen who flew in from San Diego to hang out with us for Christmas! We had so much fun and the girls LOVED them. This was the first time for them to meet Autumn in person. Gracie was a little Tot when they were here last. Guys we miss you already! Love you! Please come back soon. Or make us a spot on the couch. Because I hear CA is warm...really warm....
Here are a few pictures from Christmas at my Momma & Daddy's house. We always go out there after our fun at home on Christmas morning. Growing up, Christmas was truly a magical time for my brother (pictured in the gangsta hat below!) and I. Somehow my parents still make it feel that way for us all!








Another huge blessing this year was having my cousin Billy and his beautiful wife Leah here to celebrate with us. They have 3 cutie-patootie boys with a 4th on the way (due in Feb...we're praying for a pink baby this time!) I really love it when we get to hang out with them. Our kids have the best time and act like they get to play together everyday. If I didn't totally understand why they live in Michigan with their families, I'd seriously pout about them not living here! Come back soon! I want to pinch new baby cheeks!



We celebrated New Year's Eve with family at our house. It was relaxed and fun. We stayed up way too late with B-dub & Lauren playing RockBand. You guys, I'm old. And I have kids who wake up at 7am. Where were you the next morning when I needed to sleep in?? (I'd totally lose sleep to hang out with you guys...I'm just saying...) We'll work on that next year!
Thanks for hanging in with the long recap. We had an incredibly blessed holiday season! We are looking forward to a truly wonderful 2009. Praying the same for each of you! All our love!

No comments: